Friday, December 01, 2006

Open Mic Night!

Last night was another open mic night put on by CAC concerts. I was at swing until about halfway through it, but I was able to catch the end of the open mic night. If any of you haven't been to one of these nights yet, I would strongly advise checking it out (the next one is January 25th and they usually run from about 9:30-11).

There's a lot of variety offered so it's probable that if you enjoy the audio arts at all, you'll find something you'll enjoy. Last night I saw several people playing guitar and singing, listened to a story about the sun burning out/apocolypse, and heard a couple of poems. It was a marvelous showing and the fullest (crowd-wise) that I've seen for the mic nights so far (this was the third of the year, I've made it to part of each of them). A couple of the performances that stick out were(I don't know everyone's names but I'll point out the ones I do know): the hobo song by a guy named Tyler, the Howard Dean song by Mary Ellen and someone else, the last guy's song about sleeping for a thousand years, and John Hanson's song "You're as pretty as a twig in the moonlight, twig in the moonlight. You're as pretty as a bat." (He played this song at the first open mic night too and people danced along to the chorus.)

Anyway it was a wonderful time and I saw a couple of you there. Hope you all had a good time as well and that the rest of you check it out in January!

1 comment:

Nic McPhee said...

Glad you enjoyed it - I know I did as well. Unfortunately I was a little late and missed Mark Logan's banjo playing at the start.

I really love "Twig in moonlight" and couldn't resist doing what hand motions I could remember there in the back while he performed :-).

The last performer was Joey Iverson.