Sunday, November 19, 2006

Gospel Music Listening..or trying

So I tried to listen to the second gospel music list today, but it's not streaming so well. It keeps having to stop to load the music and once it does load, it has been playing songs over each other (two songs playing at once) so it's pretty difficult to decipher which songs are which. Thus far I'm not a fan of this playlist. I probably won't make it through the whole list because it isn't playing right, but a lot of the music so far reminds me of church music but more peppy.

I liked the first list quite a bit better, but as a whole I like the other music that we've listened to in class much more than the music of late. The last list had a few songs that were familiar to me such as "John the Revelator" and "Rock My Soul." "Yonder Come Day" (2nd list) is one song which I'm actually kind of liking. The clapping and the main voice make for a good rhythm and melody to the song and the back up voices just fill out the song nicely.

1 comment:

Nic McPhee said...

I'm sorry about the technical problems. At least one other person also had problems. I'll see if I can fix that tomorrow when I'm in the office again. :-(

Why are you more lukewarm towards the second list and the gospel music in general? You tell us that you prefer the music from earlier in the semester, but I don't get much sense of why you feel that way. What are the important differences between these lists and the earlier material? How does that affect your response?